This quick and easy recipe for bruschetta with pancetta, eggplant and beans makes a delicious - and nutritious - appetizer, side dish or quick snack. It would also make a satisfying light lunch or supper with a crisp green side salad and a glass of dry red wine.
The pancetta provides a nice salty crunchiness that blends well with the meaty texture of the eggplant and the buttery soft beans. A perfect savory taste treat in every bite.
Watch Fabio Viviani make this easy appetizer below.
If the video isn't showing, please refresh your page. Thanks!
Eggplant Pancetta Bruschetta with Beans
This is a delicious, nutritious and very affordable snack, appetizer or light meal.
- 4 oz. pancetta (or bacon), diced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 to 3/4 inch rounds.
- Brush with a little olive oil and toast in a 325 degree oven until lightly brown and crispy, turning once. 3-5 minutes should be about right but keep an eye on them.
- Saute the pancetta and the eggplant together in a little olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic
- Add the drained cannellini beans
- Season with salt and pepper
- Toss together and turn the heat to low.
You can easily substitute bacon or ham for the pancetta. Try zucchini in place of the eggplant. Any canned bean will work as well.
Bruschetta is a simple toast with a topping of your choice. Try it with tomato, cheese and basil or prosciutto, asparagus and brie...the possibilities are endless!
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.