A great fall or winter recipe for wild mushrooms in a savory beef sauce over wide, tagliatelle noodles. Earthy mushrooms sautéed in olive oil form the foundation of this delicious vegetarian dish. Fresh thyme or rosemary, a hint of garlic and fresh shallots add just the right touch. Add a salad and dinner is done!
This recipe is featured in the cookbook, "Pasta 101 - 12 Easy Pasta Recipes You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes"
If the video below isn't showing, please refresh your page. Thanks!
Bonus video...How to Clean Mushrooms!
And a Second Bonus video...Mushroom Nutrition!
Recipe: Tagliatelle with Wild Mushrooms (video)
- 1 lb. of fresh tagliatelle pasta or similar wide noodle
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil plus a drizzle for the finishing touch
- 2 cups of a mix of wild mushrooms and/or button mushrooms, cleaned and cut up
- a small shallot, minced
- a clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and/or rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of beef stock (or chicken stock)
- a pat of butter
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, cleaned and rough chopped
- Parmesan cheese for thickening the sauce and for garnish
- While the pasta water is heating...put a medium saucepan on medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté gently until they are a nice, rich brown.
- Add the minced shallot and garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add fresh thyme and/or rosemary.
- Add a teaspoon of flour and a tiny amount of olive oil and stir together to create a roux. Stir well and cook for a minute or two to get rid of the floury taste.
- Add the stock and stir together. Cook together for a few minute to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese to help thicken the sauce.
- Cook the pasta until just al dente, reserving a half cup of pasta water for later.
- Add the fresh-cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to combine. Add a splash of pasta water to create a velvety, smooth sauce. Season to taste.
- Melt in a pat of butter for a lovely sheen. Garnish with a handful of fresh parsley and generously grate more Parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.